Tuesday, May 10, 2016

IPad Pro or Wacom Cintiq for art students?


I'm thinking of buying a tablet for art school and I'm really torn between these two…
On one hand, Wacom is KNOWN for their specialities in the area but on the other hand, the iPad seems to be a lot more portable and easier to whip out if so needed. I've read a lot of good reviews for the iPad and I've tried it out personally in the Apple Store (and freakin loved it!). But the bad reviews of come from where it falls short in software and how the apps haven't quiet caught up with apple's new technology yet. So in that sens, I'd be missing out on key experiences that I'd get from a Wacom. I've also heard people say, "Wacom for professionals, ipad for people who just like to draw".
I also have to admit I'm a little bias to the iPad Pro simple because I'm a sucker for it's sleak look. I'm also extremely familiar with iPad drawing apps such a procreate as I do currently have an iPad Air for two and a half years now. But I know that's not enough if in the end, Wacom just preforms better. I've never used a Wacom before so not seeing or trying one makes me wonder how much more I can do or if what I can do on the iPad would be good enough alone.
I don't know, basically I'm just really torn and confused right now. Any advice?

Read more: IPad Pro or Wacom Cintiq for art students?