Wednesday, April 19, 2017

How to know if you are hallucinating

I don't know how to tell if I'm hallucinating. As far as I know I've never hallucinated before (with the acception of sleep paralysis but that was just an audio hallucination. I keep seeing streaks of light in the corner of my eye. In fact, I'm seeing some right now in brief faded flashes. I'm in a dark room just looking at my iPad screen but even if this is just because of the screen staring my eyes or whatever, I've seen them before when it was bright and I was not using a screen.
Often in the dark I see darkness moving. Like darker shades of black figures (but not clear enough to definetly be people figures). They don't walk, they just stand and float when they move.

I don't a have a history of any mental illnesses but my aunt (a causin of my mother) has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. She's not close family but her hallucinations are quite intense from what I've heard.

Another thing to note is that as a child, I used to believe that this reality was just a virtual simulation but maybe that's normal for children, I don't know.

Any help is appreciated.

Read more: How to know if you are hallucinating