Sunday, May 28, 2017

How do my parents expect me to grow up and see the world when they don't allow me to go out with friends?

I'm 18, just graduated. Parents say they want me to go out and see the world. When I ask them if I c an go out with friends, they say no. Even though my friends offer to pick me up and take me home, they say no. The only place they want me to be is cooped up in my room doing nothing. I'm not allowed to have a job either. I'm doing so much I can possibly do, and they don't make time. For example, they want me to get my drivers license, how am I going to get my drivers license when they don't take me out driving? I took classes, I know how to drive, but they don't help me set up an appointment to schedule a test. Another example, they want me to grow up and see the world, they won't even let me go out and experience being an adult. How am i suppose to grow when all they do is isolate me with a iPad and a phone. I'm seriously considering moving out with my boyfriend which we have been together for almost 4 years bc it's so ****** up how I have no control of my life. One move that they don't like then boom, **** goes loose.

Read more: How do my parents expect me to grow up and see the world when they don't allow me to go out with friends?