Thursday, September 28, 2017

Grounded my son for a year. Is this appropriate?

My 15 year old son spent $20000 on FanDuel fantasy sports gambling. He spent $10000 on my personal visa and $10000 on my wife's personal visa. He also sold my daughters 65inch 4ktv and her Nintendo Switch, he also took $1500 from here (she sells on eBay) We we're gone for the day, and my son stayed at home and when we got back her tv, Switch and money were all missing, so I checked my online visa and I saw the fanduel charged. He admitted to doing it so my wife and i decided to punish him for a year.
Here's a list of his punishments: No iPhone 7 Plus
No ordering the iPhone X(if he orders it I will use at as my phone)
No iPad Pro
No ordering anything online
No eating out
No TV
No bedroom door
No pillows
No Mac
No LEGO
No games
No Xbox one
No getting the Xbox one X - he already pre ordered it so my daughter will get it
No Christmas presents
No seeing family on holidays
Only allowed to eat meat,bread and vegetables
No pop
No candy
No cookies
Early bedtime of 8pm
He must wake up at 4am daily
No going outside
No seeing friends
No girlfriend until he moves out (he already has one so I'm
Making him break up )
Is this appropriate or am I too harsh?

Read more: Grounded my son for a year. Is this appropriate?