Thursday, October 19, 2017

What size photos should I print for an art show?

I have been invited to present my photos for an art show. I'm shocked! I will be the featured artist along with a musician and a chef. My question is - how big do I print the pictures and should I spend extra funds to frame in expensive frames? The photos will be hung on a brick wall and I will have the option to sell. I was thinking I would have a few signature pieces in expensive frames (I have a local framer that makes frames for me) but then frame the rest in simple frames to make them affordable for buyers. I was also planning on bringing an Ipad with the rest of my online gallery for buyers to chose other photos not printed. The promoter suggested 8x10 prints to hang with a few bigger pieces but I hate cropping to get them to fit. I'm so at a loss over this!

Read more: What size photos should I print for an art show?