Saturday, November 11, 2017

Still having a reaction two weeks after wasp sting?

I was stung on the palm of my hand two weeks ago (it was a black wasp and it was sitting on my black ipad, so when I went to pick up my ipad, my hand closed on the wasp).

I had a lot of pain and bad swelling for a couple of days, and then it seemed fine (though I could still see the puncture). About a week after the sting, my hand swelled up, turned red, and was very painful and itchy. I went to a clinic where the doc diagnosed a skin infection and I was given a 7-day course of antibiotics, which I just finished.

Today (two weeks after the sting and the day I finished the antibiotics), my hand has become swollen (though less so) again. The site of the sting is red, raised, and hard to the touch, with a little brown mark in the middle.

I'm at a loss of what to do at this point - I'm not allergic to wasp stings, but the repeated swelling and pain doesn't seem to have an answer. Help!

Read more: Still having a reaction two weeks after wasp sting?