Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Does anyone else question if they're actually hideous after seeing their license photo?

One of my biggest fears is having my photo taken, especially in a room full of people. I just waited at the DMV for 3 hours and when you get up to take your turn there's a large screen facing the waiting room where your photo appears its on an HD monitor about 3x the size of an ipad/tablet and everyone can see.
I'm self conscious about my appearance enough as it is. So when the clerk took my photo I was too nervous to smile, so I'm just staring blankly ahead with no smile. She offered to take another one but I just wanted to get out of there and not come back.
Does anyone else have this fear? I see my license photo and I think to myself "is this what I really look like, I'm so ugly" I don't feel that way when I look in the mirror. My eyes look small, my nose looks bulbous, my face looks flat and my lips look thin.
I actually feel sick to my stomach. I'm a 31 year old female. I got my hair done, did some nice makeup but after sitting in a hot and humid waiting room for hours it didn't help.

Read more: Does anyone else question if they're actually hideous after seeing their license photo?