Monday, December 10, 2018

Is speaking spanish in front of non Spanish speaking people disrespectful?

Spanish is my first language. My little sister and i were talking to each other. In Spanish. My step mom got mad, took my sisters ipad away and yelled at her. Last week she wanted to speak with me privately. She literally went on a 20 minute lecture on how she feels left out, and how disrespectful it is to speak a different language in front of other people. I just laughed and told her to learn spanish… I say if i learned English, you can learn Spanish. I dunno. I just don't want my little sister to be ashamed of her language. I don't see how it is "disrespectful". My dad speaks Spanish as well but he doesn't really confront her about it, and i honestly wish he would cause this isn't okay with me?

Read more: https://ipadget.com/talk/is-speaking-spanish-in-front-of-non-spanish-speaking.html