Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ipad not charging properly but Apple say it's my own fault. What can I do?

I bought the ipad 3 in April and almost right away it had problems charging. We used the official charger that came with it but sometimes it would simply say 'not charging' or 'device not compatible'. Gradually I noticed it was turning the ends of each of the chargers green. I got through several charging cables, still using the original plug and they'd work for a short time before also turning green.

I took it into Apple today who told me it is corrosion because it has become damp. I know it has not become damp or had a drink spilt on it as they suggested but they are refusing to do anything about it. I am so upset because we saved for ages for this ipad and we've only had it for a few months. They're saying they'll charge about £250 for a reconditioned version of the same ipad.

Is there anything at all I can do? I understand their argument that they cannot prove when fluid came into contact with it but I know it hasn't and they can't prove that either.
>>> Ipad not charging properly but Apple say it's my own fault. What can I do?