Sunday, October 7, 2012

Is this appropriate for a 2nd year anniversary?

I actually feel selfish asking this because I really love my boyfriend he's a great guy but for our first anniversary we went a nice restaurant (pricey, but same as our first date) and he gave me this gorgeous platinum neckace with a little platinum diamond pave charm. He took my breath away that day (I think I got him a new ipod touch or something) since then we've moved in together (so now were even better off financially) we both work full time I still play woman of the house cook clean etc despite the fact that I work just as much as he does. We both make decent saleries (he makes double that I do and has about 400 in his pocket a week after bills). Anyway I'm a generous gift giver. I don't know why its important to me but it is,.. I love to see his face light up,.. his last birthday I bought him an ipad from the apple store for mine he just took me to dinner. And again on our 2nd anniversary I spent 250 on him and he gave me flowers and treated at our special place (which they know us there now and never charge us more than 50 total). Anyway, I'm actually really hurt by this and I won't dare say anything because I'm not that kind of person but I just need to feel validated I think. Should I feel as selfish for being hurt?.. I work I cook I clean I keep in shape we have a great sex life. (he's 40 and I'm 31 btw). Tell me what you think?
>>> Is this appropriate for a 2nd year anniversary?