Friday, December 14, 2012

Are Americans becoming desensitized to all the gun violence and mass shootings?

In gun happy America? Wow, I had a hunch on the mass shooting just LAST week at the mall. Had no idea that my hunch included two within a week apart from each other! But was not surprised, I always expect this every few months. Poor little innocent KIDS this time! And yet America will weep over it for a few days, and then it's back to business as usual again. This latest "Commando" nut had FOUR guns! 15 rounds in 2 of them, to go on a serious shooting spree. Military type chest vest and black combat type clothing on. And people are going on about their Christmas shopping. "How about that latest mass shooting at the elementary school" I ask. "Oh yeah, that's messed up. But who has the latest IPad on sale, do you know?" they respond. Better hope that they don't find a 'copycat' killer at their local mall while they search frantically for that precious IPad I think to myself.
>>> Are Americans becoming desensitized to all the gun violence and mass shootings?