Friday, December 14, 2012

Will I be fired from my job?

My store has about 6 iPods and 2 iPads that we keep to display with certain items that we spell. Every night it is the manager's duty to count the iPods/iPads and lock them in the safe. Sunday night I counted the iPods earlier than usual, and asked one of our other associates if she still had one. When she said yes, I safely wrote the number and went about closing the store.

Unfortunately thereafter I forgot to lock the iPods in the safe. They were in a locked cabinet but one (the one the associate had) was missing. After searching and searching it never turned up. The issue here being that I accounted for an iPod that went missing immediate after.

My boss says that some kind of paperwork will be done, but he doesn't know what will happen. I am scared out of my mind that I will lose my job. I have been with this company for over four years and have NEVER made a mistake like this before. What is the likelihood that I will lose my job? I feel like it is going to be take so seriously. I have no problem paying for the iPod if that will save my job. Does it appear to be the end for me?
>>> Will I be fired from my job?