Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Does the airport in Dar es Salaam search tourists' luggage?

I have a couple of folding camping knives, a security baton, and several small spiritual items (Buddhist amulets, etc.). I have a notebook computer, smart phone, tablet, and ipad. I also have an extra supply of some medications that are in plastic sleeves, not in bottles with name and prescription listed. I'm carrying a good bit of baggage because I'll be working in Tanzania, but my resident permit isn't ready yet, so I have to go in and buy a tourist visa at the airport. If anyone has traveled through Dar es Salaam, could you tell me if I'm likely to have any problems with items like this at the airport? Thanks for reading and answering!
>>> Does the airport in Dar es Salaam search tourists' luggage?