Sunday, January 6, 2013

How long do wireless routers last?

I have had this netgear router for about 4 years now and all of a sudden it just stopped working.
before it stopped working it had really good and fast wifi.but for the past few days the wifi just stopped working.my desktop and xbox work because they are still connected with an ethernet to the router.
my laptop can connect to the wifi but it goes extremely slow and eventually disconnects, my ipad can't connect, my android phone can connect but the browser won't work, and my bluray player won't connect at all either.

i tried uninstalling the software and re installing the software again, then updated to the latest firmware off of netgears website, but it still doesn't work, i unplugged everything from the router and let it sit for one night and still nothing.

so do wireless routers just stop working out of no where, i only had it for 4 years.
is there anything else i can try or do i have to buy a new one.

all of the lights on the router are lighting up fine and i know my modem works.

what should i do?

thanks!!!
>>> How long do wireless routers last?