Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I don’t understand Xfinity hotspots?

I don't understand Xfinity hotspots. I thought this was a service Comcast provided to their customers by opening up hotspots around town. I used to be able to log my ipad in at work using a hotspot with my Comcast log in information. Been doing it fine for months. Today I tried to log in and my ipad no longer shows the xfinity wifi option. When I called Comcast about it they said the building must have cancelled their wifi.So I guess I don't understand. The rep lead me to believe when I use hotposts I am logging into someone's service. I'm confused because I am using my own Comcast information so how I am logging into someones elses hotspot wifi with my info? Can someone please explain how hotspots work, who pays for them???
>>> I don't understand Xfinity hotspots?