Sunday, February 3, 2013

Why did my iPad slow down after I changed the router Password and name?

So I have a Westell router/modem. Model 7500. I have been using it for nearly 2 years under default settings and have never changed the WEP password up until last night. I found out my neighbors were leaching off my internet so I kicked everyone out, changed the name of the server, and the password.

I began the process of reconnecting all my devices (with the new password) and everything went well.My brother came home the same night, and was able to connect his iPhone and iPad. Now my sister came home today and she tried connecting her iPad and it successfully connected and shows that it is connected with 4 bars of signal. However it is significantly slower than before (internet wise)

Hell, my old 2g ipod touch is out-loading things on YouTube than her iPad.any ideas would be appreciated. Basically she is connected, but her device is now a lot slower.
Added (1). Idk if this helps, I logged into my router, and noticed that my sister's IP address, was the same exact as my PS3's IP Address. I thought this was odd so i logged onto my PS3 and the IP address on my PS3 changed by going up one number.

The PS3 is still working quickly but my sister's iPad is still slow.
Added (2). Furthermore, her device is not showing up on the device list when i log into the router. Despite her device being connected to the router.
>>> Why did my iPad slow down after I changed the router Password and name?