Monday, March 4, 2013

Why does being around people make me sad/angry?

When I was in grade school I was constantly angry and depressed. Regrettably, I took my frustration out on my brother by picking on him and cutting myself.My parents pinned this up to puberty's hormones and that I was bullied by a few girls I thought I was friends with (though it was petty things that never deeply bothered me) and that my father was abusive.

By 8th grade, I started homeschooling and went stir crazy but was happier, nonetheless.My father hasn't changed but I've learned how to avoid most of his fits. I started volunteering at my local animal shelter once a week for a few hours, something I highly enjoy.

I'm 17 now and have started to attend the youth group at my local church back in August and have lately started crying and picking fights with my father that never end well.My smile is forced and fake like when I was younger. Everyone is nice to me and I seem to be rather popular but I don't consider any of them friends--they see me as a friend but I'm friendly, I don't have friends. The only person I considered really consider a friend is usually busy with his own life/drama and I can't lay all of my problems on him.

I've never followed the mainstream so I've always been the weird girl who didn't wear makeup or designer brands and preferred poi over the ipad. That doesn't bother me so it can't be it; I take pride in the fact that I'm not that shallow. But for some reason, I find myself slipping into this old routine that I know won't end well.

См. статью: Why does being around people make me sad/angry?