Thursday, September 12, 2013

Can I make a complaint about the ambulance service?

I am 18 and have been diagnosed with depression and I got a bit upset and went to have a bath. A little while later, there is a knock at the bathroom door and it was the paramedics.My family had rung them because apparently they were 'worried about me'. After I got dressed, they spoke to me. They were really patronising. I asked if they could please talk to me like an adult. They then got really rude! I didn't say anything and they didn't ask any questions.In their words, they told me: 'You're a stroppy teenager and you need to get over yourself'.At this point, I burst into tears. I had my ipad and phone next to me. They pointed them out and said: 'You've got an ipad and an iphone there. Looks like your life is pretty good, so stop acting so difficult and upsetting people.' I was so incredibly upset. They were continually rude and at the end, they just said: 'Sign this'. I said I wasn't going to sign something I knew nothing about, so this made them angry. They said: 'We'll just put that you refused to sign it then. You need to start acting like an adult and taking responsibility'. They then went downstairs to speak with my family. I was so upset and angry, I needed to get out of the house. I wanted to drive round to my friends house to calm down and talk. The ambulance was blocking my car in. I asked if they could please move it. They said: 'Have you been drinking?'. I said no, which was true. I don't drink. They then said 'No, we can't move. We're busy.' The first man then said: 'Anyway, I don't have the keys.' The other man said 'I do and I'm definitely not moving for you!'.

When they eventually left, I was in a state and in floods of tears. Can I make a complaint? Any advice appreciated.

См. статью: Can I make a complaint about the ambulance service?