Sunday, April 13, 2014

My anxiety and sense of responsibility?

I have anxiety and I am getting treatment but I just want to know how a person would perceive this:
I am a 23 year old girl. I am responsible. I feel that some of my anxiety has an excuse for example, the way I see it humans can make mistake thus I have to check if my doors are locked multiple times at night. I'm worried someone might be hiding in the house so I check that multiple times as well but sometimes as I am drifting away I kind of remember or just wonder what if I didn't properly switch off the ipad charger it could cause a fire and people might get hurt because of my irresponsibility even if I had checked that already. Also, when I want to sleep and someone's charging their laptop and using it I have trouble sleeping because I feel I want them to turn it off because they might forget to or something.
Am I supposed to have more faith in people in these terms? Am I too responsible? I just do not want people to get hurt.

Any thoughts?

Read more: My anxiety and sense of responsibility?