Sunday, May 4, 2014

Can i sue for stolen and thrown out personal possessions?


To start off, about 6 months ago I had to leave town for a few days for business. My wife and I were not doing so well and had just decided to get a divorce. While i was away she was beginning to move out of our apartment. She had her father come down to help to begin the move with his van. At this time my parents went to the apartment on my behalf and asked for some of my belongings, to which my wife said no, that everything would be put in storage to be divided up in the divorce, which didnt sit well since i had many personal things from before our marriage. Days later after she left she then called my parents to tell them that she had left my things in the apartment. My parents go to the apartment and there is nothing but boxes of junk.

when i returned my landlord told me that my father-in-law gave away my matching leather couches to someone in the parking lot, as well as my king size bed, both gifts to me from my father. Her father even dismantled and threw away our bed frame and our kids bunkbed!

when i demanded the rest of my things. My 2 flat screen TVs, my ipad, desktop computer, my XBOX video game system with 15+ games, Wii video game system, 4 guitars, other furniture, sports memorabilia and other misc items that were precious to me, im told they are gone.

everything i owned is gone. Taken from me. Can I sue? If so what type of suit should i persue?

thank you for your help. Ive never sued before!

Read more: Can i sue for stolen and thrown out personal possessions?