Monday, May 26, 2014

Ipad Mini Retina or Ipad Air? - 1

Both seem to have similar specs processor wise. Ipad Air obviously has the extra screen size, mini has less screen but is pleasingly compact and portable.

Price difference is about 100$… Ipad mini is 399$ and Ipad Air is 499$ for the regular 16gb model. All I'm really paying for is the extra screen on the Air and lightly better specs. I'd rather spend less, but if the Air is really a better Ipad, I wouldn't mind saving up longer for it.

I'd use the Ipad mainly for 'on the fly' usage. Something I can just pick up and browse. I'd also bring it to school/public places as it's a more convenient option than my iPhone for browsing/general usage. Would use it for emails, iMessage, video apps like youtube and netflix, social media like twitter/facebook, would use for video recording and photo capturing (not editing, would use my macbook for that), and just general things like that which makes browsing easier than using my small iPhone screen or my MacBook.

Anyone want to chime in?

Read more: Ipad Mini Retina or Ipad Air? - 1