Friday, May 30, 2014

IPad not working on Wi-Fi?

I've got a WAP set up on 192.168.1.50 and a router on 192.168.1.1.
The WAP works fine with android and laptops, but doesn't on iPad and iPhone

I think the issue is with DHCP, it's disabled on the WAP and when I try and connect the iPad to it, it comes back with some random IP address. So I've tried connecting with a static IP Address.

When I use 192.168.1.50 as the Router in these options it appears to connect, with the WiFi icon appearing in the notification bar, it won't however load a web page. Pinging it from 192.168.1.1 gets no connection, pinging it from 192.168.1.50 gets a connection.

Using 192.168.1.1 as the Router gives a tick next to the WiFi but no icon in the notification bar.

It's really quite frustrating any help would be appreciated!
(I'm fairly sure the WAP is set-up correctly or the Laptops/Android phone wouldn't work)
Added (1). Router Model = DSL-3780
WAP Model = Netgear DGN1000

The Router and WAP have different SSID's and Passwords

The Router is handling DHCP

The Router is also wireless but out of range of the WAP

I've also changed the channel to a more Apple friendly one, with no difference

Read more: IPad not working on Wi-Fi?