Friday, June 27, 2014

IOS 8 beta downgrade issue?

It seems I may have bricked my iPad after attempting to downgrade from iOS 8 beta 2 back to iOS 7.1.1. I was tired of all of the bugs, so I went into my developer account, and downloaded the correct version of iOS 7.1.1 for my iPad. After downloading it, I attempted to restore to the downloaded firmware. I received an error stating it had a problem restoring. So I figured they made it to where you could not restore to anything but iOS 8, so I tried just putting that back on with the computer saying everything went well and my iPad should restart soon. When my iPad restarted in was in recovery mode again. I then attempted setting it to DFU mode and restoring to both versions of iOS with the same results. No matter what I try I get message stating a false success followed by a message letting me know my iPad is in recovery mode. Does anyone have any other suggestions or is it bricked for good?

Read more: IOS 8 beta downgrade issue?