Sunday, July 13, 2014

DOSbox (For Daggerfall) Help?!

Recently I've decided to download Daggerfall and play the hella outta' it but I was told it required DOSbox… I downloaded DOSbox and brought up some sort of prompt / command screen (it looked system-like, the sort of screen for coding I believe?), and entered what my friend told me to. I entered this command. Mount c c:\dos -freesize 1000. And it said Directory c:\dos doesn't exist…

Heres what I did all in order- Downloaded the Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall installation files, was told by friend that I need DOSbox, installed DOSbox version 0.74 for Windows (7), looked into further detail of how to edit DOSbox for compatibility for Daggerfall, I went to the Notepad thingy like it wanted me to (to edit the configuration files / edit my options, whatever) and put in MEMSIZE=32 where it said MEMSIZE like my guiding website asked from me, opened the command screen, entered the next thing it asked for, which was- as I said- MOUNT C C:\DOS -FREESIZE 1000… Then it said the directory didn't exist.

Please tell me what I did wrong, I sincerely want to play Daggerfall so hard. Lol.

P.S., Im no computer expert or anything, try simplifying your answer as if I were a complete novice (Which I kind of am), or a grandma getting an iPad.

Read more: DOSbox (For Daggerfall) Help?!