Friday, August 1, 2014

Removing apps from an iPad (iOS 7.1.2) using the Ubuntu Terminal?

The school that I attend has given everyone of the students an iPad that came with apps pre-installed for learning and also has various profiles that have been set to prevent deleting apps/installing apps etc. These profiles cannot be removed without the Mobile Device Manager sending an email to the ICT Operator which then gets the iPad confiscated which I cannot afford to do due to english coursework and the like. I have installed vshare on mine as I know that it is not detected by the MDM. However the apps that are available to download are not beneficial to learning and are distractions. I did download one game but wish to remove it now as it does not work correctly. The problem I am facing is that I cannot remove the app due to the profiles. I have noticed that deleting apps is disabled in the restrictions but is not something I can change due to the profiles installed. Is there a way to remove these apps using the Ubuntu Terminal? I would try to find a way to get passed the MDM but I am unsure of how it is configured so that is a risky thing to do. If there is a way to remove the apps using the terminal. If not, is there another way of removing these apps? It doesn't matter if there is not as they are being reflashed with iOS 8 in October. Thanks all for your help:)

Read more: Removing apps from an iPad (iOS 7.1.2) using the Ubuntu Terminal?