Sunday, September 14, 2014

I blew up and now my husband is ignoring me…advice needed?

Last Monday after work I met my husband to visit his dad at a nursing home (just sent there after being in the hospital). I left before him so I could make supper. He had to stay later b/c of issues with the staff, on the way home he called to ask me to do some tasks on his on-line game. I did and it wasn't time yet, I was teasing him about being addicted (we tease each other all the time) & giving him a little grief b/c he kept having me check on the progress every 2 mins. "Is 8 mins of game time different from real time?" etc. When he got home he griped about me not having the door open for him (I was in the kitchen), he stormed in grabbed the ipad to check his game. I asked if he was hungry and he said "no, YOU have me so upset about the game I can't eat." Well that statement and TONE of voice made me see RED I threw down my towel and said "I'm going to bed if you're hungry food is in the microwave". And I went to bed b/c I need to cool off and did not want to argue, so now 6 days later my husband won't look at me or talk to me.
I know he's trying to prove some kind of point or teach me some kind of lession (last time I blew up I did apoligize b/c I knew I was wrong after I cooled down) but this time I don't think I was 100%wrong for getting angry. He could have said anything else and I would have been fine ex. No, it's been a bad day, No, I'm tired etc. FYI… Normally I'm very easy going and we get along good.

Any advice or opinions would be appreciated… Thanks

Read more: I blew up and now my husband is ignoring me…advice needed?