Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Rent A Center debt. Calling everyday legal way out?

I am wondering if there is any legal way out for paying them back. I started a contract a year or so ago. I lost my job and I thought I could get it back. I don't have the laptop or iPad still. They have called everyday for the past few months demanding payment and now they just keep calling to have me call back. They have also called my references and my old job multiple times. I am just wondering if this would fall under harassment for collecting a debt, and if so could I bring that with me to court and maybe not have to pay them back? If I do I will pay them. I just find this a little ridiculous that they keep calling even after a court trial has been set up.

Read more: Rent A Center debt. Calling everyday legal way out?