Tuesday, November 25, 2014

What do I need to live out on my own? Tips?

I already asked this question, but I need to go into more detail to get a more accurate answer. I'm 18, going to a 2 year community college in the fall of 2015 where my classes start at 8am. They don't provide dorms and my parents live 30-45 minutes away (very stressful to live here, the reason I want to move out). The apartment I'm looking at is 1 mile away from the college and in the middle of the city (so not using much gas to get place to place), has a laundry facility, a fridge, a stove, is $470-$530 a month, I'm getting one unfurnished because I have most of the furniture already. I now have a job making $8 an hour, 35-45 hours every 2 weeks saving about half my paycheck every time. Probably switching jobs a month or 2 before moving. I'm thinking of moving in July and to have my bf (age 20, dating for 5 years) to move in with me. My boyfriend and I have no car payment, cheap car insurance (I'm going into the Automotive field, my bf is good with vehicles so we can fix most problems), my parents are helping pay for college, I have dual-credits so I already have the basic classes I need so less money spent there, scholarships, I already have a computer and an iPad, I will have over $4000 saved up by summer. I'm taking a business math class but need more help. I need tips on how to live on my own, how to pay for things, what I need to be out on my own, anything. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks!

Read more: What do I need to live out on my own? Tips?