Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Can the glass on an iPad crack if in direct sunlight?

My parents got me an iPad 3 For christmas in 2013 and I just love it. I can use all my apps on there I can play all my games. It's also a perfect tool for studying for school. I can facetime my friends and family:)
We're on a family vacation to the south of Spain AndalucÃÂ-a, and I was lying out by the pool sunbathing and I left my iPad on the table besides the chair I was lying on, I fell asleep and woke up 2 hours later, I noticed a crack on my iPads glass. I took it inside and explained it to my parents. The iPad was very warm on the back, aswell. My brother told me something similar happened to his iPhone 4 when we were on holiday in London. But the weather was very cold then, about -3 celcius?

Is the iPad defective, Manufacturing error? What could be the cause?
Added (1). I can still use the iPad perfectly fine, and I can't feel the crack unless I run my fingernail along the glass. The LCD Or touch are not affected in anyway, I 'm just sitting here curious as to how it happened.
Added (2). the table was made of some kinda wood, and wood gets hot fast, could that be a cause? Can the glass on an iPad crack if in direct sunlight

Read more: Can the glass on an iPad crack if in direct sunlight?