Thursday, October 1, 2015

I just found out I was adopted?!


I dont want to put into too much detail because its very personal thing.Basically, I got home from college, and clearly my parents didn't hear me come in because they would have said somethign like "Hey honey, how was your day?" and I guess my "parents" didn't hear me. Its my birthday tomorrow, I was in the living room using my iPad on the sofa, and My parents didnt know I was there. But I heard my "Dad" say "We need to tell Charlotte, we can't keep it in any longer" and my "Mum" said "Please, not today, she's 18 tomorrow" then my "Dad" said " She's gonna find out sooner or later" Then my "Mum" said " If we tell her she was adopted, itll ruin tomorrow for her"

At this point I literally screamed " WHAT?!" I felt so disgusted, I grew up calling 2 complete strangers " Mum and Dad" I grew up calling someone "My Brother" Turns out hes not my brother, but he's like one to me because hes always looked after me and we're literally best friends.

After I found out why I was adopted, I wanted to cry forever. My parents are alive and well, but they were not in a fit state to take care of me. I was born in america and I was adopted there, we moved to London in 2000, but I don't really remember much about it.

I really wish they had told me sooner.

but one thing is Really bugging me.

if he's not really my brother, what is his relation to me? Half brother? Step brother? He isn't adopted, I know this because they did so many tests when he was born. I'm nearly 18 and he's 23

Read more: I just found out I was adopted?!