Sunday, January 24, 2016

Mom asks me to do everything for her?


Don't take "everything" seriously. She just asks me to do a bunch of stuff for her, when she is completely capable of doing it herself. I can be doing homework and her playing her games on her iPad and she asks me "go ask dad to come here" All she has to do is stand up and walk to the door. I have to take a break from doing more important stuff to walk downstairs and tell dad to come here.

Another example:
I was trying to take a nap (and she knew it) and she asked me to go get her a package of Ramen Noodles. All she had to do was walk downstairs to grab it. Not that hard.

Am I taking this the right way? Or is what she is doing just fine?

Also please don't say "respect her, she pays for everything for you"
This is false. My mom has a job at a school (not a teacher) and is getting minimum wage. She goes out and buys her stuff like iPad games or something. My dad is working everyday for almost a whole day making a decent amount of money (3k a month i think, but dont take my word for it). He buys the family things we need and pays the bills.

All my mom does is watch Netflix, plays on her iPad, and does homework.
And for her homework, she barely does it. She tries to find a way to make my sister do it. My sister tries to explain to her what she needs to do (for hw) but her response is almost always "I can't comprehend well." or "I didn't understand a thing you said" when my sister explains it very clearly.

What can I do to help this?

Read more: Mom asks me to do everything for her?