Thursday, January 21, 2016

Why can't I do homework?


I always did my homework up until probably 5th grade, then all of a sudden I just couldn t. Now don t reply with something stupid saying that I m not trying or I m just making excuses, I genuinely can t do it. I took AP classes during junior high and my freshman year in high school, so I m not dumb. I don t know why, but whenever I try to do homework I just get really anxious and I can t focus. If I really force myself to get it done, it ll probably take me an hour to do 25 problems. (Not difficult problems, literally just problems that require me copying the answer out of the book.) My grades are slipping and I really wanna do better, but I can t. It s not that I m not motivated, because I m very ambitious and I m always planning out my life after high school. I m not a lazy person either, I m actually really active and I m capable of doing many things, just not homework. I noticed that whenever I m typing an essay or doing some form of work on my laptop, I can actually get it done. There s this one boy who I have a few classes with and he does all his work on his iPad, so maybe that s an option for me too. The only thing is, I m pretty sure he has a learning disability and I don t (as far as I know)

Can someone please help me figure out why I can t get my work done, and if you think there s a disorder that fits me, can you please tell me?

Read more: Why can't I do homework?