Thursday, February 18, 2016

Service company, Technicians wasting time?


I run a service department and we run about 12 trucks, so in the peak season we have about 20 technicians working every day.
The problem I constantly run into is getting tons of questions from them every morning about their jobs, or them taking too long to get their stuff and get out of the shop to their jobs. What can I do to give them the desire to get to their jobs faster?

We have created an online scheduling system where they can look at all of their jobs on an Ipad and see every previous job we have done at someone house yet they still ask me stupid questions they could probably see themselves. Its very stressful to do all of my work and still waste an hour every day getting them everything they need. What more can we do to motivate them to get their stuff quickly and get to the job?

Read more: Service company, Technicians wasting time?