Tuesday, February 23, 2016

What to do with manipulative stepson?


I have two kids and so does my husband. My kids likes him, the problem is that my 4 year old stepson hates me and is causing troubles beetween me and my husband. His mother, even though she wanted divorce because of a new guy, manipulates him and then he manipulates my husband. Whatever I do is wrong, like he says he is hungry, I make lunch, he looks at it, then looks at me and say he is not hungry anymore. Or I find he draw on freshly painted wall, so I tell him not to do it because it is a lot of work to paint it again, and few minutes later he takes a crayon and do it again, while looking at me. Or tells his brother not to talk to me because I am evil. Every time I look at him he frowns. When I tell him to mute the sound on this ipad, because his brother is sleeping, he makes it even louder and tells me that if his dad didnt say it, he wont listen. And so on. I really really tried to make him like me, for a year, now I am trying not to be around when he is over. His brother is ok with me. My husband doesnt see what I see, he keeps telling me that he is only a child and doesn´t know what he is doing, and he thinks I don´t like his son because I complain about him all the time. I really dont know what to do.

Read more: What to do with manipulative stepson?