Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Help me resolve this frustrating dilemma? Here it is: I bought a new iPad last night and created a username and password. Then

I went on the internet for a couple of hours.

When I woke up this morning, and tried to browse the internet again, I saw the following message on the screen:

"iPad is disabled. Connect to iTunes"

So, I went on my desktop and downloaded iTunes. I opened iTunes and connected my iPad to my desktop and got the following message:

"iTunes could not connect to the iPad because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPad before it can be used with iTunes."

So, I'm stuck in a catch-22. I can do absolutely NOTHING with my iPad (including entering my passcode) because I have to connect to iTunes. But, I can't connect to iTunes unless I enter a passcode in my iPad.

Read more: Help me resolve this frustrating dilemma? Here it is: I bought a new iPad last night and created a username and password. Then