Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Annoying, rude, selfish chinese grandma in law

So I have been with my boyfriend for 2 and a half years. We moved out to our own apartment and his grandparents would come and stay with us when they have doctor visits here. They are from vegas and for some god forsaken reason have to come down couple hundred miles to see a dcotor. Regardless, this isn't the problem, I open them with welcome arms everytime they come. They don't pay for anything and almost on a daily basis they send me out to run errands. I never say no to them and help them with anything. I grew up and was taught to respect my elders and even though i really don't want to run errands everyday, i do it because they are my boyfriends grandparents. Recently, his grandma came down for almost 2 months and because she has nothing to do around the house, i let her cook even tho I can honestly cook myself. So i gave up my kitchen n let her have it. Since then i don't step foot in the kitchen because she is in there all day long. Either cooking or sitting there watching her ipad. What i'm annoyed about is that she doesn't realize and isn't grateful for the things i do for her. She even went as far as complaining and degrading about me microwaving some dinner. What should i do! Suck it up and give up my happiness for them? Or stand up to them and start standing my ground and putting them in their place? I feel like i'm in no place of saying anything to them because she is not my immediate family.

Read more: Annoying, rude, selfish chinese grandma in law