Wednesday, July 26, 2017

How can I check if my iPad is icloud locked?

I bought my iPad for a cheap price. The seller said that it supports cellular but it won't read the SIM that I inserted. I take the deal cuz I thought its just the "firmware". So after doing enough google-ing about iPad mini GSM turning into a WiFi only. I know how does it turn a cellular to a wifi only by removing the RC1205 resistor near the CPU. Before I make this change to my motherboard. My mind made a question "Why did the seller removed the resistor?". So I google-ed again what are the effects of removing the resistor. Most results said that it's used to bypass icloud or sim activation. I lost his CP number and now I don't have access to him. I want to know if the iPad I bought is iCloud locked or Carrier locked. As of now I only have Serial number. No imei and sh*ts. Even on the back of the ipad.

Read more: How can I check if my iPad is icloud locked?