Saturday, February 23, 2013

What is a good home network set-up for gaming with several wireless devices connected?

I currently have a crummy second-rate gateway (router/modem) and share it with my family's 5 iPhones, 1 iPad, 3 laptops, Apple TV. The bandwidth goes to a crawl when they download movies, watch youtube, and whatever else these weird people do. When I use my PS3, even with an Ethernet connection it is borderline unplayable in online modes.My connection speed is 1700mb/s download, 300mb/s upload.

With so many networking options available I'm not sure what to choose. Dual-band router, CAT6, faster connection from my ISP?

I just want a consistent and stable connection. Money is not an issue. Any suggestions?
>>> What is a good home network set-up for gaming with several wireless devices connected?