Saturday, February 1, 2014

Parenting Advice For Dealing With My Son?

My two kids are my life, I try to be a good dad with a calm demeanor and deal with my 10 year old daughter and my 12 year old son in a rational manner.

Yesterday my son and daughter were arguing a lot, it spilled over on to their online game and she got him banned.

His response was to send her a picture collage of words like I hate you, I don't like you, and a picture of her shooting herself and then a gravestone.

I told him it was unacceptable and that it was nasty and way overstepping the line and his mother banned him from his IPAD for the night.

He argued that it was a joke and that he didn't mean it.

My response is it's not a joke if the other person doesn't find it funny and you knew they probably wouldn't.

Anyway he hasn't spoken to me this morning and I'm at a loss for how to deal with this.

I feel like he is at a crucial point in time, 4 weeks out from his 13th birthday and I know this is the beginning of some serious change, but I don't want to lose my temper and be a poor role model.\

Any theories on how to deal with this situation.

She did provoke him and draw a picture of him and called him a turd, so he was provoked.

Any ideas?

Читать далее: Parenting Advice For Dealing With My Son?