Thursday, May 19, 2016

Should I attend private or public school next year?


I am in high school and I was considering transferring to a Christian private school after talking to a few of its members at church not too long ago. However, I am COMPLETELY torn between both schools.
Here are the Pros and Cons.

Pros for private school:
Ipads
Smaller classes
More one on one attention with teachers
Friends within the church that I will know for life
Religion classes
Go out for lunch when you are a junior/senior
Class on Friday ends at 1 pm

Cons for private school:
Expensive
About half an hour away (An hour with traffic and don't even get me started on a snowy day!)
Uniforms
Stricter policies
Not a strong variety of electives
No sports teams or extra curriulars
Inner city school so it can be a bit dangerous
Doesn't have much land space

Pros for public school:
Free
Huge variety of electives
Huge variety of extra curriculars/sport teams
Large
Rules are not as strict
No uniforms
Go out for lunch as sophomores/juniors/seniors
Ten to fifteen minutes away
Has a tennis court/soccer field/football field/track field/park is near school
Area is more suburban

Cons for public school:
No religion classes
EXTREMELY CLIQUEY (if that's even a word haha:P)
A bit tougher to make friends
Weed/drama/etc.
No TRUE friendships that will last decades

Please give me your opinion:( I really am torn… I WISH I COULD COMBINE BOTH SCHOOL TOGETHER
Added (1). *By a bit dangerous I am referring to the streets nearby, not the school itself

Read more: Should I attend private or public school next year?